Thursday, January 6, 2011

Progress update

A quick post to bring you up to speed.
I've been doing some writing (not too much yet) the past couple of days. I wrote about 5-6 pages about some core aspects of the thesis.
I focussed on Dube's resource sets and the generalization to constraint sets. I also wrote a little bit about the problems of using a CDA (as a mentioned in more detail in my previous post) as primary market model. The text itself is only a rough draft and will need some additional iterations (and of course, a lot of additional content) before I'll post a first version here.

I also did some additional integration work on the prototype. This was not without difficulties however. The main problems lied with passing constraints to webservices (I thought I solved this before, but that turned out to be false). I solved this by separating the properties of the constraint from the the code that validates the constraint (the ConstraintValidator). Turns out this allows for even greater flexibility (since the coupling between constraint and constraint validation is much looser now), which is always a plus.

The next few days, I'll rework the prototype to make use of this new mechanism (I've already made some proof of concept code, but I still need to push it to the whole prototype) and write some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment