Sunday, January 2, 2011

Planning the next 2 and a half weeks

As I promised in the previous blogpost: a small overview of what I will be doing in the next 2 to 3 weeks.
By the 18th of January (which is a couple of days before I have an exam, so I need to start studying afterwards), I want to have completed several things for my thesis.

A first rough draft of the chapter of my thesis that will talk about the CRA market design. Writing this will allow me to further refine my thoughts on the design and used mechanism, as well as provide a good 'complete picture'. It might also bring some new unresolved issues to my attention. I estimate that this draft will about 20 pages long.

I also want to elaborate the prototype I've been building. Some of this works includes:

  • further integrate webservices (this should be rather simple using Spring + JAX-WS)
  • finetune the constraint mechanism (primarily code cleanup)
  • further implement the provider-specific matching behavior (this may take some time)
  • add matches to billboard (price discovery)
  • general code cleanup, refactoring, improvements
  • very simple user management system (this is more a personal interest to have a look at the Spring Security framework).

I also hope to elaborate a bit on possible price discovery mechanisms for brokers. The goal is to have a small powerpoint presentation with some new ideas.

I know this is a rather ambituous schedule (especially if you know that I also need to take care of some things for other classes), but after 2-3 weeks of working on other projects, I really feel like getting started again :-)

'till one of the next days :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment