Monday, March 28, 2011

Writing the introductory chapter - final part


As it turns out, writing that introductory chapter took more time than anticipated (probably because I wanted it to be of a good quality). With a lot of hard work, I have finished it now. Next up: chapter 2! Chapter 2 deals with general market design principles. It starts with a definition of 'a market' and subsequently gives a short overview of some existing financial markets and their workings. Some desirable market properties are discussed (incentive compatibility, individual rationality, allocative efficiency, computational tractability), and some considerations about commodity market design are outlined. The chapter will finish with some first more concrete ideas about the IaaS market, based on the previous commidity market design considerations.

It is imperative that I finish this chapter this week if I don't want to get behind on schedule. With that in mind, I already did some work during the weekend. However, as the next week is already rather busy (I also need to make a rather elaborate assignment for an other course), a lot of hard work will be required to finish chapter 2 this week. But, as always, I'm eager to work hard and make it happen :-)

I'll post an update as soon as I know something more (=when I finish chapter 2).

No comments:

Post a Comment