Monday, March 14, 2011

Writing the introductory chapter - part 1

I planned to both work on the prototype and write on my thesis this week, but that didn't work out as I had to spend quite some time on an unexpected assignment for a course on webinformation systems. However, by putting in some extra effort over the weekend, I did manage to write 8 pages about cloud computing (what is it?, Iaas/PaaS/Saas, public/private/hybrid, challenges). Writing went rather smooth because I was able to reuse some parts I had already written last year in a general introduction on cloud computing.

In the coming week I'd like to finish the introductory chapter (which is a bit of a bold statement, as that would probably involve writing more than the usual 5 pages a week) as well as work a bit on the prototype (secondary objective). I will be focusing on some examples of real world cloud providers for the different cloud computing types (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), as well as write about the power industry and it's resemblances to cloud computing. I will also try to write a clear problem statement for the thesis.

Let's make it a productive week :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment