Monday, February 28, 2011

Slides and the Constraint Lookup Service


This post comes to you with a bit of unexpected delay. Nevertheless, with this post I want to give you a status update. On Wednesday 23Feb, I had to given a presentation covering my progress so far. The fact that the audience seemed to agree with most of my ideas, is another indicator that the use of the CRA mechanism is probably a solid choice.
The slides can be found on https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B2ZFuPHiC22wYmU0M2Q0OTktYjA1NS00NzcyLWI1OGYtYzM0YTVhN2ExOGQ4&hl=en_GB

About the writing on the thesis itself: this week I started writing on the 'Implementation of the CRA' section. I managed to meet my 5 pages/week deadline again by writing about how seperate lookup services should be used to implement the constraint operations. The figure below gives an idea of how such a service interacts with the other market actors.




I also made a first rudimentary price discovery prototype. Although the prototype still needs a lot of work (I'll be improving on it this week), the first results look promising (maybe it is still a bit early to make any such statements).

Besides improving upon the pricediscovery prototype, I'll continue to write about the implementation details of the CRA this week. Update next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment